1. There will always be those who support you, and those who criticize you. That's just how the game is played. Always show your gratitude and try not to take anything personally :)
2. ALWAYS have a Plan B... and C, D, E, F, G. Things never go the way you originally planned, so be prepared to make adjustments. You must be able to adapt to new situations and circumstances to make the most of your fundraiser.
3. Plan for the worst, Hope for the best :)
4. Stop searching. Make your own opportunities
5. He/she who cracks the whip will not always be the most popular person on the team. Such is the sacrifice that a team leader may have to make in order to get work done.
6. If you have a team working for you, delegate tasks. That is the only way to get work done.
7. Give yourself deadlines.
8. Have everything set up before you begin any promotion. Momentum is key and comes with publicity. If your donations program, etc. is not set up, then you will lose that momentum and interest.
9. Find ways to constantly keep up the momentum and motivation, in your team and your supporters. Once it is gone, it is very difficult to get back.
10. Never lower your standards. Mediocrity is NOT an option!
Feel free to add any of your own tips/advice!