A place where I can chronicle my family's journey through cancer. A place where WE can discuss our concerns. A place where WE can inspire each other. A place for hope.

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Longest Week EVERRR!

When my mom started her stay at the hospital (receiving blood and monitoring blood pressure), I decided to start a journal of sorts on my computer to basically act as my personal therapist. I've never actually been very good, disciplined, diligent, or whatever else you might want to call it, when it came to keeping a journal. But I figured that since my life pretty much revolved around my computer (damn you Facebook!), i'd give it a try. With the creation of The Cancer Diaries, it's been about two and a half weeks since she started her stay at the hospital. Actually, I remember quite specifically that she had been discharged the day before New Year's Eve. Anyways, since then i've made some entries that I thought I would post up on here as a summary of what life has been like up until now. The first week (after hearing about a possible diagnosis of cancer) has been one of THE most stressful, terrifying, emotional, vulnerable times that my family and I have ever gone through in our entire lives. University finals can suck it cause those were cakewalks compared to this! In sharing this extremely intense and personal experience here, my hopes are that I can help others who are going through the same thing. I want to let you know that it's ok to feel completely helpless and terrified. I want you to know that it's ok to cry, to scream, to let it all out. I want you to know that you are NOT the only one. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment