A place where I can chronicle my family's journey through cancer. A place where WE can discuss our concerns. A place where WE can inspire each other. A place for hope.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Frog for a Friend

In any kind of situation, you have your good days and your bad days. For the majority of our treatment so far, things have been going quite excellently. Velcade and Dex have not limited my mom from being active and going for daily walks, catching some fresh air, and just being optimistic and happy. The last two days however, not so much. I'm not sure if this is something that we should be expecting with treatment, but fatigue would be quite the understatement. Her body is in so much pain that she needs assistance walking, getting out of bed, and sitting down. Sleepless nights follow long days, leaving us all thoroughly exhausted. Ironically, she is in more pain in the mornings (after sleeping(=rest)), than in the evenings. We were even at the point where we were set to take her to emergency because we thought she might have fractured something, due to her pain. It scares me... A lot. But I'm going to try and stay optimistic and hopeful here. We all are. Sometimes, that's the only thing that keeps you going, hoping that tomorrow will bring you a new day devoid of any (or as much) pain and stress as today and yesterday. Hope.

In other news, I decided to buy my mom a fish to cheer her up. I'm not sure if it was maybe the medication talking, but on the way home from treatment the other day, she said she wanted a fish. We thought she meant sushi. But no, a fish. Like a pet. So I went to the petstore and came home with a bright red fighting fish.... and dwarf frog. Random, I know. But I will go to the ends of the earth for her, and yesterday that meant the pet store. Have yet to name them, but they're quite the pair. At first, the fish got a little "wtf" which I guess would be normal, considering it went from living in a tiny little cup with only itself for company, to a huge vase with a frog for a friend. But now its used to it :) However, today I fed them and the fish got to a lot of the food before the frog. I think that might have ticked it off because the frog proceeded to give the fish a couple nips before swimming under a rock to be by its bitter self. Quite the pair huh?
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments:

Post a Comment